MethamphetamineLAST UPDATED: Monday November 7, 2022
What is it?
Stimulant that speeds up body’s system that comes as pill or powder. Available in prescription as Desoxyn® to treat obesity and ADHD. Crystal meth resembles glass fragments and is an illegally altered version of the prescription drug that is cooked with over-the-counter drugs in meth labs.
Meth, Speed, Ice, Shards, Bikers Coffee, Stove Top, Tweak, Yaba, Trash, Chalk, Crystal, Crank, Shabu
How is it used?
- Powder, pill
- Smoked, snorted, injected
- To intensify the effects, users may take higher doses of the drug, take it more frequently, or change their method of intake
How does it affect the body?
- Highly addictive
- Agitation, increased heart rate and blood pressure
- Increased respiration and body temperature
- Anxiety, paranoia
- High doses can cause convulsions, cardiovascular collapse, stroke or death